Monday, March 30, 2015

Finished Commission - Blood Angels Death Company

Finished commission for my friend Matt. D.  I wanted to keep the paint scheme very traditional as they're such striking models.  They are painted to a High Tabletop Standard.

I didn't want to get carried away with the details, as the models can end up looking very busy if too much stands out.  I went for a lighter shade of blue for the Librarian as I felt it would make him 'pop' even more on the table, especially when he's accompanying the Death Company.  It was either go lighter or go very dark blue and I felt like the mini would be lost in the Death Company if he was in the darker scheme.

I'm looking forward to working more with Matt on his Blood Angels.  This is one of the things I'm loving about doing commissions: I would never build a Blood Angels Army. They don't hold a lot of interest for me from a collecting standpoint.  I really enjoyed painting the Death Company and am excited to paint more Blood Angels in the near future! They are such an iconic Chapter in lore, and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to paint them and take pretty pictures to remember them by.  Thanks again, Matt!

























No comments:

Post a Comment