Thursday, June 11, 2015

Workbench Update - 6/11/15 - Imperial Knights!

     I am absolutely loving this project.  The 4 Imperial Knights are humming along nicely.  Worked out the heraldry, but am waiting eagerly for my large AdMech transfer sheets from GW.  I like that they are doing big sheets like FW does, and see some great little touches that will really make the Knights stand out individually.  I'm not sold on the banners, and may leave one or two of them off, depending on the final product.
     I've used some new products and techniques with this project, and couldn't be happier with how they turned out, which is always nice.  Tamiya metallics were used for all the silver/iron/steel, shaded with Tamiya Smoke and Badger Minitaire Midnight Blue candy.  Scale75 metallics have been a revelation.  Their Scale Color Metal N' Alchemy Series is amazing.  By far the best metallic paints I have ever used.  It's a shame that they take 4-6 weeks to arrive from Spain and with the VAT they're quite pricey, but they're worth every penny.  Just incredible coverage and vibrancy.  Can't rave about them enough.
     Working on the trim and metallics now, then the oil wash.  I'm particularly looking forward to the oil wash, as it will really pull the whole thing together.  I'm not going to weather the Knights much beyond just some pigments on the feet, as I want them to look crisp and clean and ready for battle. I was worried that I would get bogged down in the details and that the whole project would take forever, but I am inspired, and moving along at a good pace! I love these Knights.  Really looking forward to getting my hands on a Forgeworld Knight or two!  After this project I have a real change of pace project: a Bushido warband!  Really cool models and a project I'm very much looking forward to.  Without further ado, some WIP pictures!



















No comments:

Post a Comment