Monday, April 20, 2015

Workbench Update! 4/20/15

After a very busy week with family I am happily back to work on some Space Wolves!!! These are more tanks and infantry for the same client, and I'm happy to be working on such awesome models. A Caestus, a Sicarian, a Diemos Predator, Logan Grimnar, an awesomely kitbashed Rune Priest, and 10 more Long Fangs. On the bench right now are the Caestus, the Sicarian and the Diemos Pred.

The Caestus is a reclamation project (which I will document in its own post when it's finished), and is turning out beautifully. I can't express how happy I am with the Blood Claw nacelle motif. I wanted the nacelles to match the shoulder pads of the troops that will be embarked on it. I find touches like these really help tie vehicles in with the infantry when you look accross an entire force. A lot of work ahead of me, but I'm loving it!!

One of my favorite parts of the painting process is taking off the masking tape/fluid/Saran wrap and seeing the composition as a whole or the weathering effect, etc. for example:

All ready to go!


Mapping out the tooth pattern for the nacelle

Painting done!

The grand reveal!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment