Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Workbench Wednesday - 5/27/15

After a nice holiday weekend with my family, I gained some momentum with the Squat warband today. Finished up the 9 I was working on and painted the exo armor Squat as well. Only the Bounty Hunter and their bases to go! 



Over the weekend I also assembled a Dreamforge Leviathan Mortis, which was a fun departure from GW minis for a bit. A lot of parts had to be left off for painting, and a LOT of converting will have to be done, but I hope to soon have a suitable Knight Gallant as the opening salvo of my Dark Mechanicum army for 30k. For 40k, plans are in the works for an Adeptus Mechanicus army comprising of both Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus. This project will take some time, but I'm keen to have a playable 40k army again. My commission que is growing (which is awesome), but I have to remember to take some time for my own hobby so as not to deny myself completely! 

Next up in the que are a host of Knight Wardens. 2 for clients and 2 for me. I'll be painting them two at a time, as their paint schemes are nearly identical. House Ludi is rising!  I'm working on some fluff that incorporates my Solar Auxilia, Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus, Knights, Titans, and the new Imperial Militia from Book 5: Tempest. When it's fleshed out a bit more I'll be sure to share it. 

To oppose the loyalists, I'm planning a force of Word Bearers and Dark Mechanicum, accompanied by Daemons, Warp Cults from Book 5: Tempest, heavily daemonically converted Nurgle Chaos Space Marines, Knights, and Titans. Haven't worked out the fluff quite yet, but after reading Book 5 I'm sure I'll have a pretty good idea of the direction I'll be heading in. Exciting times in the hobby for sure!






No comments:

Post a Comment