Sunday, July 26, 2015

Competition Entry - Dark Age Oathpourer



Just finished my entry for the first annual 'Eavier Metal 'Eadbangerz Painting Competition on Facebook.  I was feeling a little stagnant recently, and this competition provided a great opportunity to paint a model from a new range and to try out some new paints and some new techniques.  The model I chose was an Oathpourer from Dark Age.  Just a phenomenal sculpt.  Base is from Dragon Forge Designs (of course), and for the miniature itself I used only Scale75 paints.  Some new techniques such as stippled leather and loaded brush blending were used, which was a really fun challenge.  I'm really happy with how the model turned out (though of course there are a few dozen things I wish I did better; such is our endeavor).  It was a nice change of pace and and really breathed some life into my hobby for the past couple weeks.  Still working on the Bushido commission and a TON of Space Wolves! More pictures after the jump









No comments:

Post a Comment